The liquid foundations + one mineral you need to test this winter
We look for flawlessness, we look for the glow, we look for perfection. And since foundations can be our best-friends in this field I rounded up my winter favorites, a selection of the ones that I always struggle to choose from every morning.
Laura Mercier Silk Crème Moisturizing Photo Edition Foundation
- It offers medium to full coverage and smoothes and retexturizes the look of skin with a natural luminous finish;
- It feels comfortable on skin while hiding even hard-to-cover imperfections;
- in the formula it has color-true pigments that virtually disappear on skin for smooth, even application and blending;
- it moisturizes but stay put for long;
- it’s oil-free.
For treatment and make-up
Chanel CC Cream
- It has a new super active formula that combines true skincare benefits and a long-wear makeup result for a more luminous and healthy complexion. Day after day, fine lines disappear, skin regains its original glow and is more hydrated and supple.;
- it packs murunga plum extract, rich in vitamin C, to strengthen the skin's natural defenses against environmental aggressors while enhancing its texture and glow;
- it has a lighter, more fluid texture that offers buildable coverage and that can also be used for touch-ups throughout the day.
The high-coverage that does not clog your pores
Bare Minerals Base-Pro
- It has a creamy liquid texture that allows a great control over coverage and conceals pretty much everything;
- It’s a luminous matte that keeps shine at bay;
- It has papaya enzymes to gently improve skin's texture both immediately and over time;
- It is heat, humidity, water and sweat-resistant;
- It provides broad spectrum non-chemical SPF 20 / PA++ sun protection.
Clarins Skin Illusion
- It’s serum inspired, hence lightweight and moisturizing;
- It delivers a “bare skin finish” that is incredibly sheer and natural;
- it applies effortlessly, so smoothly and easily, blending out seamlessly.
For lasting and setting power
Marc Jacobs Shameless Foundation
- Its self-setting formula is fool-proof and doesn’t not require the application of powder afterwards;
- it’s both makeup and treatment thanks to the Snow Moshroom and Blue daisy extracts that hydrate and keep pollution’s selling effects at bay;
- the SPF25 is encapsulated in the pigment to avoid flash-backs or grey undertones;
- it’s oil-free;
- the packing is the most bag-friendly I have ever hold in my hands.
If you (like me) love mineral powders
Bare Minerals Original Foundation
- It’s made of only 5 mineral ingredients hence it’s so pure you can even sleep in it;
- it feels weightless, lasts all day, and won’t clog your pores or cause breakouts;
- It’s, lightweight, luminous and easily buildable: the mineral pigments transform into silky cream that blends seamlessly onto your skin.